gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

Our 3 year old weatherking replaced a rheem that would keep

Our 3 year old weatherking replaced a rheem that would keep our mobile home cool enough unless it needed a part or freon was low. Now this weatherking is not keeping our house cool enough because it runs for several minutes and then is off for 20 or more during hot weather.
What could be the problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

Is this a package unit or a split system. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a split system with Coleman furnace and heater on the inside

When unit is running do you get good air temp from vents. Russ

You said unit stays off for 20 minutes and the back on. Does indoor fan run during this time. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes for the time it is running the air is cold coming out
Sounds more like a thermostat problem. What make is thermostat. Russ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The indoor thermostat is a battery run Evcon Emerson
Man thing that would cause complete system not to run for 20 minutes would be thermostat. Have you tried turning thermostat colder to see if it runs longer. Do you know model umber of thermostat. Russ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been setting it on the lowest it would go
I would have to dig out the model number
When you set to lower temp it still only runs about 4 minutes. I would change thermostat. You can do this yourself. Easy changeout. Russ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What brand and model thermostat would be good and would that be battery run?

Any digital Honeywell thermostat. Honeywell 3000 heat/cool would work well. Russ

gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience: 51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC