Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

A C was not working call a tech told me the blower mars was

A C was not working call a tech told me the blower mars was bad then came up and said the main board was bad in the mean while checked Graingers and mtr 100 and main board 235 well he told me it would cost1300 to repair told him not any way he was not happy and he cut the blower mtr lead off need held re wiring Thanks Kevin
Hello.My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help.Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Let's get started and see what we can do!
I will be glad to assist with this. First look just above the burners and give me the complete model number on the furnace so I can pull a diagram. It will be something like 58G*******
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Unit 239a0366model. 350mav036060
Excellent. Now tell me what color wires you have on the blower motor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yellow blue red white and I think the black is missing
Ok, Here is what those wires are:
White is going to be neutral and it will go to the terminal on board marked BLW in the neutral block of the board.
Black would be High Speed
Yellow would be MED HIgh Speed
Blue would be MED Lo Speed
And Red would be Low Speed
Now the white neutral is a must,but you will select 2 of the remaining wires for heat and cool speeds.
Yellow can go to COOL terminal
Red can go to HEAT terminal
Blue can go to SPARE 1
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you know what part numer or blower mtr I need I only have I have the cap on #1&netural white yellow onhigh red low and blue onmed
Have you already got a new motor yet? If not, a universal motor will work and can be purchased at local supply house cheaper than an OEM motor.
You should have brown and brown with white stripe to capacitor.
White to BLW (neutral) and any speed wires can go to COOL and HEAT.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The one I have old mtr does not have brown and brown so they said 1&5 to the cap is this right
Not sure about the 1 and 5. My diagram shows browns.Where are you seeing the 1 and 5? Is that on the motor? Can you upload a picture of what you are looking at?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
On mtr diagram. Shows 1&5 going to cap joy sure how to up load pic but willing to try so re and blue hook up to same mtr lead
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do have email Ivan sent pic to
If I can see that diagram will help a lot.
You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .
Here is a link to the site.

Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.

They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW

You will see your picture on right side of screen.

Then copy the link URL for email & IM

Paste that link here on the site.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
New to the iPad not sure about that but if I put blue and rad together should be ok
Can you give me the number on the motor. I might can locate the diagram by motor number
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ge mod 5kcp39mg 7552at
Stock no.3981 I do not think this is oem maybe replaced before
Not having much luck on locating diagram
Tell me all wires coming off of the new motor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have not bought new mtr yet looking at old one 1&5 going to cap 2 high 3 med 4 low green ground
Ok. New motor will most likely have a brown and a brown/white. Those will connect to capacitor. Then you will have a neutral(usually white) and two or three speed wires depending on which motor you get. Neutral will go to BLW Neutral, and two speed wires will go to HEAT and COOL. Any other speed wires can go to Spare 1 or Spare 2 (unused ) on board