Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

I have a G50UHI (G50UH-60C-110-10) unit with a honeywell F50E

I have a G50UHI (G50UH-60C-110-10) unit with a honeywell F50E electronic air cleaner mounted on intake side in my attic. I am turning off the F50E due to age and a malfunction and removing the cells and pre filters. I also have a 24x36 x1 inch fiberglass filter ceiling access installed in the home. An installer suggested using a honeywell 20x25x4 media filter (about the same size as the electronic cells being removed). It comes with a MERV 12 rating. Will this filter work with my unit or do I need to lower the MERV rating to maintain proper airflow?
Hello.My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help.Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Let's get started and see what we can do!
This Merv12 filter is a great selection to replace the electronic cell. It is designed with this in mind as the electronics are notorious for failing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I noticed in my manuals that this unit required a hi velocity airflow filter and was concerned that the MERV rating of the replacement would be too high

It will work perfect. As stated, it is actually designed to replace the cell