Drcool
Drcool, HVAC Technician
Experience:  i have been an A/C tech for the past 12 Years. working on window types, split type, and package
11923974

i had to change the ac cord of my friedrich portable airconditioner.

i had to change the ac cord of my friedrich portable airconditioner. in my eagerness i pulled out the black wire of the original cord, but failed to notice from which "nubbin" i pulled it. there are just two possibilities. numbering the "nubbins" from the top down on the right hand side there are 3 pairs: 1a and 1b, 2a and 2b, 3a and 3b. It is supposed to be connected either to 1b or 2a. do you know which one i'm supposed to connect it to?

Hello.My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help.

I do not have a diagram showing the numbers on the terminals, but take a look at this and see if you can figure it out by the wires where each connects.

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks. i already had the diagram. but what i'm wondering about is the actual connect points, not the circuitry. Specifically, should i leave the black wire where it is or should it move below the brown wire, one connection node higher?

wires

Hi it's hard to tell in pic is the white and black hooked on the same terminal leg?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no. the white is on a different terminal leg. note: the picture somehow loaded sideways.

When you said you have the diagram, do you mean you have a copy of the diagram of the unit itself?

If you do, can you post its picture please?

-
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the circuitry diagram, which was included in the owner's manual, was posted by another expert previously in this thread. I then posted a photo of the wiring (it posted sideways). do u have an idea of whether the black wire is properly placed?

Sorry for the delay. Yes I have seen the diagram sent by the first expert, I just thought that you got another one pasted on the unit itself.

I asked because from the diagram, I did not see any black wire on the label and I am suspecting it could be the neutral wire from the plug which is only labeled "N" but did not specified the color of the wire.

Plus, when you specified the 1a, 1b, 2a-2b...etc...I can not see them on the diagram so I am not sure if this is the right diagram of your unit.

If we would trace the diagram that we have, seems the power cord brown went straight to a PC board with a relay to turn on the compressor as the power transfer from a brown to plenty of red wires.

That would be the line side.

So, if the "N" that came from the power cord is colored black, then it should be connected to the bunch of blue wires connected together on the terminal block of which the picture that you sent seems correct.

Can you please post another angle of the terminal block that you have shoot that could clearly tell us which terminal the black and brown wires are connected?

Please indicate also which part of the unit the bunch of wires came from. I would suspect the small wires red and blue came from the w/motor on the diagram.

Then I notice the different shield of the orange, blue and white wires, where do these wires came from?

And the other bundle of wires, the smooth blue, red and brown??? are they together inside the black insulation? Where do they came from?

Thank you and will be waiting for your reply.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a pic but don't know how to upload another pic with this. there's no tool bar as before for some reason. the terminals u are seeing are on the right side

any other way to get u a pic?

Dont you have a tool bar on top of the box where we type our response?

Try to use a mozilla browser if you are using a different browser.

I know the tool bar does not appear on chrome.

-

Try to use also internet explorer. I know the tool bar appears on explorer.

I have to go for a while, will check your picture after about 6 hours.

Please take note of the bold sentence I wrote before. See if the black wire is there. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the picture.

Now, I could see the lone brown wire connected to the terminal labeled "R" what about the black wire?

Where does the black wire came from? As well as the white wire? where did it came from?

-
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the black and white wires are the ac cord

On your diagram, there was no black wire so I am assuming that the black wire is from the power cable so it should be connected with the lone brown where the " R " label is inside a triangle.

Then the other cable of the power cord is the white which is the neutral so it should be connected with the rest of the blue wires.

Please look closely if there would be a triangle with the letter "S" pointing to the 4 blue wires. on the terminal block.

That should be the connection.
-
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so effectively, you're saying i need to move the black wire to the terminal just below the brown, correct?

If that terminal is the one connected to the terminal where the brown wires is, then that is correct. The one with a triangle where there is a letter R inside .

-

-
And the white should stay with the rest of the blue wires.

-
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will try it later tonight. and will keep you posted

Ok. If I am off line, just post your question here or what ever you would find out and we would continue trouble shooting your unit.

Thanks.

-

Have you tried transferring the black wire to the terminal where the brown wire is?

Was it a success?

-
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hey thanks very much! been meaning to tell you, all worked out. Very helpful.

:)

Glad it worked fine.

Thank you for using this service. If you have more questions, just come back here and ask them.

Happy to help you.

-

Please do not forget to rate my answer.

Thank you very much and God bless...

In case you could have forgotten, can you please rate my answer?

It would be an added rating for me for helping you with your problem if you would rate me three star or higher.
We know you were able to correct your issue and the unit is now running perfectly because of what I suggested.

Thank you very much and God bless you.

-
Drcool, HVAC Technician
Experience: i have been an A/C tech for the past 12 Years. working on window types, split type, and package