R.G.
R.G., HVAC Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience as HVAC technician, state certified contractor.
66036083

We are selling our home and the buyers want us to do the following: "The

We are selling our home and the buyers want us to do the following:

"The first floor HVAC unit has gaps at the plenum. The compressors are not level and mud is entering the unit closest to the street. Recommend full service by qualified HVAC Contractor, prior to closing, to determine functionality of HVAC system(s) and affect necessary adjustments and repairs."

What will this entail and what are the approximate costs? Thanks!!

R G : Hi, I am R. G., sorry you're having trouble today, I will do my best to assist you in resolving you're issue.
R G : hi prices vary widely by location, tat being said plenum could possibly be repaired with foil tape or duct seal and insulation if needed.
R G : Outsides units could be leveled and elevated on a pre formed pad to keep water and mud from washing into it.
R G : A service call normally runs about a hundred plus repairing plenum and leveling unit and installing pad under it I would estimate 300 to 500 dollars depending if they found any other needed repairs.
R G : Sounds like you had a home inspector check house. They always have to find something to write up, doesn't sound like much of a problem at all.
R G : Let me know if you need any further information, if not please rate 3 or higher before leaving, thanks
Customer:

Yes, that's exactly what's going on. Thank you SO much for your response. All local companies are closed now and we have to get back to the buyers this evening. Now we are educated on how to respond. Thanks again.

R G : Your welcome let me know if you have any further questions
Customer:

I think we're good. Have a good evening.

R G : You to and good luck on the sell
Customer:

thanks