BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

I found my contactors switch as sticking closed. I got the

I found my contactors switch as sticking closed. I got the outside unit model # XXXXX I found a supplier on the web and called them. They had the part and shipped. Just got it. I went out to install. It looks real close. The end conections look correct. What different are the side connections. It has connections on both sides. The orginal has only on one side. The contact points are to one side on both. I can wire the new one with points to the same side. Is that correct?

do you have the part number of the new one? I can instruct quickly on wiring then

Thank you,

this unit is a bit different as it has a 24v connection on one side and the other 24 connection on opposite side.

The 2 terminals you see on one side are actually connected making them the same terminal.

This is for units using more than one 24v signals or relays and alarms.

You will place one 24v wire on one side, and the other 24v opposite. If you put both on one side it will be a direct short.

If you have issues just let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You see how the side terminals on the new one are connected on the same bar?

This has 2 terminals but is only circuit.

We want the yellow wire on one side....and the brown on opposite side.

The old style used the 2 different points on one side.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wanted to let you know I bought a new switch and works great. Problem solved. Thanks

excellent news.

Thanks for update!