Bryan, Handyman
Experience:  HVAC EPA Section 608 Type 1 license
10522817

the glo-bar will not glo this is my second one.

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

bryanpaul52 :

do you have a model number ?

Customer:

no just a ser. no. it is only the bottom bake one the broil one works

bryanpaul52 :

and your sure your getting 120 volts to the igniter ? how long ago did you replace it? do you have the part number of the igniter you put in ?

Customer:

just today it is exactly like the old one

bryanpaul52 :

okay and you are getting 120 volts ?

Customer:

yes

bryanpaul52 :

is there any chance you banged the igniter while you were installing it ?

Customer:

no neither one is broke

bryanpaul52 :

well if your getting 120 volts it should glow. are you testing this in the two connector wire on the range? not to ground correct ?

Customer:

the connector coming from range i have 120 to only one side of connector to ground

bryanpaul52 :

oh okay. you need to test the power between the two wires not to ground. the nuetral is interupted by the gad vale and control. I would need the model number to even look up and possible issue's however

Customer:

you mean gas valve and what control i cant get model till am.

bryanpaul52 :

okay come back in the morning with the model, I really need it to help you.

Customer:

thank you

bryanpaul52 :

your welcome talk tomorrow

Customer:

good am mod. isjgb920sec3ss

bryanpaul52 :

Okay thanks. Now can you tell me does the broiler light ?

Customer:

yes the broiler lites

bryanpaul52 :

Okay,Since the broiler lights its not the thermal protector, if that blows neither the back or broil will light. the issue is the ERC (electronic range control ) Clock. the clock breaks the neutral wire and when you press for bake it connects the neutral and allows the ignitor to glow and light.theres a relay bad on your clock.

Oven Control Board WB27K10059      Main Product View
Full Size Image
these clocks can be a pain to install because they have change them and the wiring id different. Electronic range control. *Wiring could differ from original, will possibly need to be installed by an appliance Tech.

Customer:

so you think it is the clock?

bryanpaul52 :

for sure

bryanpaul52 :

the clock is around $165.00 but is difficult to replace.

Customer:

thank you

Bryan, Handyman
Experience: HVAC EPA Section 608 Type 1 license