Bryan, Handyman
Experience:  HVAC EPA Section 608 Type 1 license
10522817

dryer wont run,did self test,replaced thermo switch on back

dryer won't run,did self test,replaced thermo switch on back of fan housing,still no run

bryanpaul52 :

do you have the model number ?

Customer:

I am at work/ but I believe it had 350 in it if that helps

bryanpaul52 :

If you can get me the number later that would help. I work until around 10pm usually EST

Customer:

model # XXXXX

bryanpaul52 :

have you checked the door switch ? number 4-4 on this diagram .

Full Size Image

Customer:

yes it seems to work

bryanpaul52 :

check power to the main control board mounted on the left side under the top number 2 on this diagram.

Full Size Image

Customer:

has power & all of front panel lights up, just will not run

bryanpaul52 :

okay can you check for power to the motor when you press the start button ?

Customer:

I will go home at lunch and test power

bryanpaul52 :

okay.this is a tough one. BTW which thermal fuse did you change ? part number ?

Customer:

dc32-00007a

bryanpaul52 :

thats a thermistor not the thermal fus. that doesnt have anything to do with the dryer starting thats for the heat. Now we are getting somewhere. Okay you need to replace this.

High Limit Thermostat DC47-00016A Main Product View
Full Size Image
its the high limit thermostat. this is the one that will stop the dryer from starting if its blown. actually there are severalb different thermostats that look the same in this. you need to test them all and find the one thats blown. there one on the side of the heater can thats a stand off check that one also. these should all have continuity . unplug the dryer and take on wire off while testing each one. this link is a link to all the thermostats, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Samsung-Parts/Dryer-Parts/Model-DV350AEWXAA0000/1482/0151200?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=DV350AEW/XAA-0000 and this link takes you to all the diagrams. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Samsung-Parts/Dryer-Parts/Model-DV350AEWXAA0000/1482/0151200?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=DV350AEW/XAA-0000 find

bryanpaul52 :

the one that bad and replace it.

Customer:

I just ordered all the thermostats, it will be a couple days to receive them I'll let you know thanks

bryanpaul52 :

okay no problem. I'm sure thats it, you had the right idea just the wrong thermostat :) thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Hello, This is a courtesy follow up, All of us at Just Answer hope your experience was a positive one ! Just Answer prides itself on doing it's very best to help our customer's resolve their problems. If your expert has helped you and your satisfied please don't forget that the expert is working for you and only gets paid if you rate them 3 or above on our rating scale. Rating the expert does not close the question and they are always available for follow ups at no additional charge ! If you feel your expert has done all he or she could to resolve your problem then please remember to rate them, This is as important to them as it is to you , Showing good faith by rating them also makes other experts want to help you in the future no matter what the category. Thank you and we hope you will continue to let us help you in the future. It has been our pleasure.
Hello, This is a courtesy follow up,Is there anything else your expert can assist you with ? Did He or She help to resolve your issue?If you still need help just reply and they will continue to assist you. All of us at Just Answer hope your experience was a positive one ! Just Answer prides itself on doing it's very best to help our customer's resolve their problems. If your expert has helped you and your satisfied please don't forget that the expert is working for you and only gets paid if you rate them 3 or above on our rating scale. Rating the expert does not close the question and they are always available for follow ups at no additional charge ! If you feel your expert has done all he or she could to resolve your problem then please remember to rate them, They don't receive credit for helping you until you rate them 3 or above. This is as important to them as it is to you , Showing good faith by rating them also makes other experts want to help you in the future no matter what the category. Thank you and we hope you will continue to let us help you in the future. It has been our pleasure.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I replaced the high limit thermostat,still no start, I can hear in the circuit board area clicking sound ,It seems to click 3-4 times,then the dryer bar flashes but no start.

mmm, when you had this apart was the belt still on and around the drum ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have now replaced all thermo's still no start

I'm sorry I have a family thing and wont be on until the morning. I will need to do some more research on this. your model number isn't there now can you resend it, also I you wish I can release this question for other techs in the meantime. I will be checking my messages through the night.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bryon,

model dv350aew/xaa

Jeff

Good morning, can you test the belt switch number 1-18 on this diagram for continuity ?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here