BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

I have a Goodman 1.5 ton heat pump at a beach location that

I have a Goodman 1.5 ton heat pump at a beach location that is less than a year old. The circuit breaker is tripping every once in a while. Goodman secs call o a 15 amp breaker. The installer changed the breaker from 15 amp to 20 amp. It tripped again two days later. Now he wants to put in a 25 amp breaker. I don't feel comfortable with this. Is a hard-start kit the way to go?

It sounds like you are more competent than your technician.

You are correct. But I would disclaim that this depends on the normally running this just a start issue?...Other factors like high pressures eliminated..etc.

If it is isolated to just a high draw on start up then YES...install a hard start kit.

BUT...regardless of findings do NOT upsize the breaker just to stop nuisnace trips.
This allows much more room for heat and potential damage. Sounds like the breaker is doing its if all else is satisfactory...install a hard start