Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a Lennox system probably 12 years old. There is a capacitor

I have a Lennox system probably 12 years old. There is a capacitor that apparently is attached to the compressor that goes to the heat pump. This capacitor has gone out and my technician says that Lennox now longer makes that compressor. They replaced this capicitor in one of my units but now it went out in another unit and they say the compressor went out as well and there are no replacement compressors being manufactured by Lennox. Does this sound right??
Welcome to Just Answer!.

Some of the older Lennox compressors are no longer available, but that needs to be verified I need the model number on the unit in order to do that. Or you can contact a lennox specialist parts house with the model number.

Having said that, I would not at all recommend replacing the compressor if its bad on a 12 year old system.

The capacitor should be available however from

Give me the model number data and I can check that.

Your technicians remarks need to be verified as noted above.

We can go from there without a time limit until you understand all of the options you have as long as you continue to rate my remarks *positively.

I hold questions open after positive ratings to allow for unlimited follow up. Please be patient though. The research & typing take time