Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Soleus LX-140 full bucket light on, no water in tray, compressor

Soleus LX-140 full bucket light on, no water in tray, compressor will not kick in. How do I reset it/disable it?
Welcome to Just Answer!.

Their is water sensor or float switch in the top that the bucket fits under. try carefully refitting the bucket a few times. Tell me if you can get it to work that way... we can go from there.

I hold questions open after positive ratings to allow for unlimited follow up.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The water tray is not removable, and the only thing I can see that's related to a float is a metal prong that extends over a(n empty) well that has two wires tabbed onto it. However, the prong doesn't move, so I can't see where the contact would be for the "bucket overflow" light to be activated. I've jiggled all the parts even remotely connected/near the water tray, and nothing is loose/moves.

Hello again, the metal prong is a water proximity sensor.. electronic in nature, you can try cleaning it off and see if that helps. The problem most likely however is in the micro computer card that that it sends its signal to...or perhaps a plug in connection to the card, internal to the machine...replugging those connections will sometimes help.

The Soleus web site appears to be down right now, you might try looking it over when it comes back up and see what you can find.

I will try it a bit later... these units are made in Asia with a reputation for not stocking parts in the US, and problems getting parts and manuals generally... the bulk of these seem to be made as inexpensivly as possible to generate sales....and are cost effectively repairable in asia at those low labor rates... but are not cost effectively repairable at US labor rates of $100+ per hour.

There is no need to consider this an acceptable answer... it is however the best i can do so far.

We can stay in touch for a while to see what can be discovered at the company web site

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, Phil. I'll try popping/reconnecting the wires on the card, see if any of those do it, and clean off the probe sensor. Will let you know how that goes. Then try the site later.

Good plan...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Guess what? It's working. I wiped the probe with some alcohol and let it sit. Was vacuuming and noticed the light was off, so I checked to see if it was plugged in (ha ha). Voila!

So since you confirmed that I was indeed looking at the probe/sensor, I am satisfied with your answer.

So how do I let the site know?

Good work!

I will put up the ratings box now so you can rate my assistance, the site pays me part of your deposit for good or excellent ratings.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks again for your help, Phil. My ancient Siberian Husky thanks you, as well!