Billy
Billy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

heres my question im working on a residential carrier infinity

heres my question im working on a residential carrier infinity system it has the infinity control on the wall abcd low voltage connections its connected to a carrier infinity air handler abcd d and c has 24 volts like it should with electric heating elements and a non infinity heatpump condenser in yard.the infinity control says system malfunction the condenser wont turn on I have 230v to the condenser like I should but the airhander inside is blinking a code 45 and the blower motor is running the infinity control on wall is giving the message cant communicate with the outside unit.all low voltage connections are tight inside and outside on the outside unit theres no abcd connector because its not an infinity unit unit installed in 2011 I did measure 24 volts outside on red and white wire why cant it communicate with outside unit?code 45 blinking on airhandler
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

At what point outside did you measure 24v?

Billy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
outside I have a non infinity condenser heat pump with 4 or 5 low votage wires leading up to the defrost board on r and c I measured 24 volts and 230v on contactor l1 and l2 but inside the house on the airhandler theres another control board with abcd which runs to the infinity control on wall this board is blinking a 45 code cant communicate with out door unit I did see a some other codes in infinity control like brown out and control board failure
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,

The code indeed implies a bad circuit board.

On the defrost board...you have R to C 24v but nothing on Y to C?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing on y and c
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

And to verify, the 45 code you have received is on the Infinity Control?

Billy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes when I press and hold the advanced button on infinity wall control I then view last 10 system events I see the 45 code and the airhandler board is blinking the 45 code and the fan is running I also see a brown out code and control board failure message in there
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,

The circuit board in the furnace has been compromised.

The issue here is the board is receiving a abcd signal but haing to send the request through the board via the standard 24v connections instead of a communicating system like the stat/furnace.

Unfortunately the circuit board has been compromised. The only fix is to replace the circuit board. I did have one where the tech removed the abcd and wired in a standard stat that sent Y signal to condenser instead of through the board logic.

But the only recognized fix is to replace the indoor board.

Billy

Billy, HVAC Technician
Experience: Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics