gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

need HVAC tech with experience on Rheem Furnace/Central Air

OK almost 2 hours since I first asked question and its one thing to be left hanging this long--its another thing to not even have my question acknowledged?

Nobody has even responded???

This seems like way to long to have to wait for a wiring question???

NEED to hear ASAP!

--------------------------------------

Hello???

Should I be worried that it is taking over 40 minutes to even get a reply????

need HVAC tech with experience on Rheem Furnace/Central Air unit and ProTech Blower motor wiring. Replaced old motor where new motor has different wires/colors than what I need to re-hook up to on 1989 furnace unit.

New motor protech 51-23012-31 1/2hp 115V

also installed new run capacitor 10 mfd 370 vac

New motor has:
2 brown

1 white

1 red

1 black

1 blue

Oops- forgot has yellow to yellow and orange to orange clipped together that do not go anywhere. I know these are for rotation direction and did not touch them.

Old had:

1 brown

1 red

1white

1 light blue

1 black

1 yellow

all I have coming out of blower switch in side of furnace is"

1 red

1 white

1 black

Previous/old setup had yellow and red from motor capped off.

Blue from motor wth red from switch

black wth black

capacitor had 2 white top

1 brown bottom

ok need more let me know

Currently have two white into top capacitor and two brown in bottom.

Black to black

red to blue

capped off extra red

Note: There is no distinction/difference between 2 browns from new motor?

ok in case: old motor

emerson Mod# XXXXX

1/2HP

115V

PART# XXXXX

gotoman for ac : Russ here.. sorry no one picked you up. I am here now give me model number of unit and the color of wires on new motor. I will get you going.
Customer:

wow--over 2 hours and nothing?

I did already include ALL of what you are asking for Russ i'll cut and paste it ....

Nobody has even responded???

NEED to hear ASAP!

--------------------------------------
Hello???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New motor has:
2 brown

1 white

1 red

1 black

1 blue

Old had:
1 brown
1 red
1white
1 light blue
1 black
1 yellow

all I have coming out of blower switch in side of furnace is:

1 red

1 white

1 black

Blue from motor wth red from switch

black wth black

capacitor had 2 white top

1 brown bottom

ok need more let me know

Black to black

red to blue

capped off extra red

ok in case: old motor

emerson Mod# XXXXX

1/2HP

115V

PART# XXXXX

gotoman for ac : New motor put both brown to capacitor one on each side. No other wires on cap but brown. . White to white and black to black. Check rotation you will be ready for cooling. Russ
gotoman for ac : Wath thos wires for reversing motor they will get tangled in blower. Russ
Customer:

what about red to blue?

gotoman for ac : Hook up same way and tape off wires not used. Russ
Customer:

so I now have white to white

Customer:

black to black

gotoman for ac : Yes. I am here not going anywhere till we get you going. Russ
Customer:

sorry Russ did no know hitting enter sent it I now have white to white black to black red to blue capped off red from motor--have brown on top and one on bottom of capacitor...is this good? this is a central air/furnace so will I have high speed for AC med speed for heat with this setup?

gotoman for ac : Thats it give it try and watch rotation.
Customer:

ok ready to try but before I do does it matter which connect on capacitor browns are on?

gotoman for ac : Does not matter. Russ
Customer:

ok home alone so have to run up to turn on thermo then circuit breaker then blower switch-be right back!

Customer:

she's going but give me a few minutes please to check AC outside etc...thanks.

gotoman for ac : No problem .
Customer:

ok Russ so all is running great we are in sweltering heat (who isn't) so have to ask why did something you helped me with in less than 10 minutes take over 2 hours from JA???

Customer:

also if you could be so kind and it is just my curiosity--this protech came with terrible wiring diagram and I cld not find anywhere online anything to help me (as fast as you did) but how come old setup had 2 whites to capacitor?

Customer:

lastly though I don't dare do anything but AC right now- can I assume with certainty my furnace will run at medium speed or shld I check just in case?

gotoman for ac : The old setup had two whites one common . You could have wired it that way but when motor comes with two browns I like two use both. If you noticed one brown has a white stripe that can actualy go to white common. It took longe because not all experts work on Rheem or familiar with wiring of motors. Just 50 years of working on everything helps. About diagram. Not all motors are the same some use a yellow for cap most use brown. Just have to know what goes where. Darn good job on your part. I am impressed. Russ
Customer:

Russ I looked intently to see some kind of difference in the 2 browns thinking along your lines where one might be the common--they are both solid brown no difference? I understand JA searching for the right guy (you) but I heard nothing back for so long...look...we got it done...will I be OK for furnace you think and med speed?

gotoman for ac : You will be just fine. You ask the right question which is always good. Good wrking with you. Russ
Customer:

Russ I was kicking myself as a homeowner who is old school and wants to fix everything--battled getting the old motor out needing a special HVAC hub puller I will probably never use again- then was careful to install new motor lining it up correctly in squirrel cage etc...then to have the wiring stall me...well wife and kids grumbling was worse than scorching heat...but it is what it is!

gotoman for ac : It is what it is. Have a good day. Russ
Customer:

Thanks Russ you get an excellent from me and you have a great day!