airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Three wires on a fan motor for a ducane outside open hvac compressor.

Three wires on a fan motor for a ducane outside open hvac compressor. a couple of bad connections, but I did not make a diagram for the three wires from the fan.......red, black, and orange

Hello.Sorry you are having problems. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help.Please wait to leave rating until we are finished.The red will normally go to L2 on contatctor, orange to FAN side of capacitor and black to L1 on contactor.If you can give me a model on the unit I will try to look it up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

AC10B42-A

Give me a few minutes to see if I have a diagram

Do not have the wiring on the AC10 series. I have the AC13, but it has a black orange and purple on fan. I will continue to look. Meanwhile I am going to open to other experts who mave a diagram available .Please wait to leave rating until we know for sure.

I am almost 100 % sure we wil be right though as it is a straight cool unit. Black will go to one side of Contactor Load1, The red will go to other side of contactor (Load2) and orange will go to FAN side of capacitor. The Red can either connect directly to the contactor or go to COM on the capacitor as they are supplied from same post on contactor.

Wire the motor as mentioned. Black to one side of contatctors (load side), red to other leg of contactors(load side) and orange to FAN side of capacitor. This should fix you up.