Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a Sharp CV-P10MX portable air conditioner. Today I

I have a Sharp CV-P10MX portable air conditioner. Today I can't get it to drain by shutting it off, removing the grommet, turning the drain to on and hitting the power button twice. I can only get it to drain from the bottom, seasonal drain. How can I get the power drain to work again?

I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'd like to leave it open for a bit longer. It still isn't working and don't want to toss it out...

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist
you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you

Welcome to Just Answer!

Will the unit run and cool if you drain it manually using the bottom drain?

If not, then the problem is in the electronics control module most likely... most shops consider that repair to be not cost effective, especially if the unit is more than 5 years old.

Let me know about all that, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. It's running fine if I use the bottom drain. I want to be able to power drain it like I'm supposed to.

Hello again, thanks for the information.

In that case the rest of the unit is most likely good, and the problem is just a bad solenoid valve in the automatic drain... are you good with fixing appliances and do you have a multi meter.

If so you have about a 50% chance of repairing it if we can find the part... its about a 2 hour job not counting the time it takes to locate the part.

If you end up having to take it in for repairs, costs will generally range from $250 to $350 if we can find a repair shop that handles those units near you... there is about a 10% chance of that. Sharp does not make those units particularly easy to repair.. many shops will not work on them for that reason.

Let me know. We can go from there.

Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Phil. I guess we'll just use the bottom drain. At $350, I can put another $150 and get a brand new one.

Good thinking!

I will put up the ratings box now so you can rate my service to you.

Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial