Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

Hello, I have a question as a follow-up to this question:

I have a question as a follow-up to this question:

I need more because I suspect a problem with the outlet/circuit that the AC is plugged into.

1) Two weeks ago, my laptop PC gave me a “wrong (low voltage?) warning” message when I plugged it into the bedroom outlet. It thought that I had used the wrong adaptor, but I hadn’t. No recurrence since.

2) The ACis now working normally.

3) Questions:

1. What does the DeLonghi sensor (aka “feeler”) sense? Does it check the power source for correct voltage? Might the sensor be warning me of an electrical problem in the outlet/circuit?

2. If so, what could cause a voltage problem (probably low voltage)?

Please do not rate me until we have finished our dialog and you can rate me as "excellent" service. Thanks for the opportunity to help.
I see you have waited a while and none of our techs have picked this one up. Let me try to help. The sensor checks for high amp draw, voltage, or grounding issues. The fact that your laptop also gave you this warning at one time confirms this. The most likely issue is just a bad receptacle. If the receptacle is replaced and problem still occurs, the next step would be replacement of the breaker that controls that circuit. Although the receptacle itself is a far more likely culprit.