Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have an old SEARS furnace #270.2822 and I need parts for

I have an old SEARS furnace #270.2822 and I need parts for the blower assembly. The numbers on the blower housing is #270-611010. Where can I find a diagram or parts/repair center. I live in Mogadore,OHIO.

I'm Gina, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Welcome to Just Answer.!

I am in that business for 52 years now... +Finding parts for older furnaces by modlel can be difficult, the records for those older furnaces tend to get thrown out after 20 or 30 years.

However 95% of those parts were standard to most other furnaces of the type...

I have no problem taking the part to Grainger Industrial Supply. or Johnstone Supply showing them the part, and getting a workable replacement...

*There is the issue of a corroded heat exchanger, leaking poisonous Carbon Monoxide gas into the home... that should be investigated. If there is a large accumulation of rust under the burner heads, especially large chunks... it is quite likely the heat exchanger is bad and that the furnace should be replaced.

Let me know what you think.

I hold questions open after positive ratings to allow for unlimited follow up. No negative ratings please. We keep going until the problem is solved.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is Grainger Industrial Supply or Johnstone Supply? Is it in OHIO?

Hello again, Grainger has stores nationally, often two or three in larger towns.

If you can tell me the name of the city or town you are nearest in Ohio, I can locate one of their branches for you.

If you can tell me the name of the city or town you are nearest in Ohio, I can locate one of their branches for you. Or you can call any of these branches ask for the branch nearest you.

Search Grainger®'s Online Catalog.
Find the Quality Products You Need!
1300 3rd St, Perrysburg, OH ‎
(419)(NNN) NNN-NNNN‎ ·
1 review · $$
"The staff is always willing to spend time comparing what you need to ..." -
8211 Bavaria Dr E, Macedonia, OH ‎
(330)(NNN) NNN-NNNN‎ ·
1 review · $$
1035 Valley Belt Rd, Brooklyn Hts., OH ‎
(216)(NNN) NNN-NNNN‎ ·
4420 Glendale Milford Rd, Cincinnati, OH ‎
(513)(NNN) NNN-NNNN‎ ·
6999 Huntley Rd, Worthington, OH ‎
(614)(NNN) NNN-NNNN‎ ·
1 review · $$
3640 Interchange Rd, Columbus, OH ‎
(614)(NNN) NNN-NNNN‎ ·
8700 Le St Dr, Hamilton, OH ‎
(513)(NNN) NNN-NNNN‎ ·
7576 Tyler Blvd, Mentor, OH ‎
(440)(NNN) NNN-NNNN‎ ·
1781 W Main St, Troy, OH ‎
(937)(NNN) NNN-NNNN‎ ·
360 Victoria Rd, Youngstown, OH ‎
(330)(NNN) NNN-NNNN‎ ·
1 review · $$

If you choose to rate my work for you so far positively, I will hold the question open for 60 days as you work with the new parts.

Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Thanks for the excellent rating.

Here are some other parts sources

255 Wright Dr, Middletown, OH
(513) 360-2665 ·
"Only sell to contractors... FYI if you're a DIY'er - can't buy here." -
700 Parkwood Ave, Columbus, OH
(614) 258-1111 ·
4689 Spring Rd, Cleveland, OH
(216) 661-9922 ·
hvac equipment · hydronics
1212 Dalton Ave, Cincinnati, OH
(513) 651-2665 ·
956 S Main St, Akron, OH
(330) 535-4499 ·
1646 Holland Rd, Maumee, OH
(419) 893-1043 ·
15 Troy St, Dayton, OH
(937) 222-4311 ·

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the leads. I will contact GRAINGER INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY. As for Johnstone Supply, they have an /ATTENTION HOMEOWNERS, Cleveland,Columbus,Akron,& Mentor are wholesale only suppliers to the HVAC, refrigeration and property maintenance industries. We are unable to sell to retail customers and homeowners directly.) So I will cross this one off the list.

Hello again, its a funny thing that Johnstone supply sells to home owners in some states or cities but not in others. It varies within a city sometimes if there are 2 stores.

Same with Grainger.

Stay in touch as necessary (on the same dime) we can go from there as necessary.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went to the Grainger closest to me. They couldn't help. I found the original paperwork and diagram/parts list in some of my old paperwork. So out of 4 parts I wanted to replace I got 0. I just had the blower wheel welded and put the original parts back on and installed the blower. Tested assembly before installing and worked o.k.

Good work!
When it comes to motors and blowers, if Grainger doesn't have it, nobody will.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know. I called Sears Parts and they said the parts are no longer available. So it is fixed for now. But I want to thank you for your help, and will keep Grainger in my files for future needs.

Sometimes you have to replace an entire blower assembly.