Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Hi Phil, does the coil need to sit over the base can in its

Customer Question

Hi Phil, does the coil need to sit over the base can in its entirety My HVAC dealer talked me out of the Lennox coil that matches the xc14 and had me go with a smaller ADP coil
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! Thank you for requesting me!.

I hold questions open after positive ratings to allow for unlimited follow up. Please be patient though. T

he research & typing take time.

The coil cabinet can be an inch or two smaller than the furnace or blower cabinet without affecting the operation of the system.

Thats quite common, especially in humid climates such as the gulf coast or florida.

Tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and the brand name of the coil the contractor is recommending.. and a bit about the rest of the project and his quote price.

We can go from there without any time limit.I will be going to bed shortly, if I miss you tonight I will pick your response up in the morning,

Phil