Bryan, Handyman
Experience:  HVAC EPA Section 608 Type 1 license
10522817

My GE Window AC Unit, Model AGW10AHG1 wont power up anymore.

My GE Window AC Unit, Model AGW10AHG1 won't power up anymore. I hit the reset button on the power plug but but when I plug it in the reset button pops out and still now power. I checked the wall plate with two different lamps, power to that outlet is perfect fine, so I know it is the unit.

My issues is bringing to get fixed is going to cost as much as the AC is worth basically. I wanted to replace the broken part myself, I have the schematic, and have made repairs to electrical equipment and appliances in the past. I am trying to see if anyone has run into this issue, and if replacing the Main Control board would fix the issue. There was a bad rain storm the night this went down, no lightening hit and no other appliances were harmed. I am wondering if the board just went and is a simple fix. The part costs between 20-30 dollars, which is much cheaper than paying 150 to get is repaired. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. My personal email in case communication doesn't work isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Thanks again

Chuck
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

bryanpaul52 :

Good morning. So your saying the reset on the power cord wont reset and stay in ?

Full Size Image

Customer:

Yes that is exactly it

Customer:

So I wasn't sure if it was the power cord

Customer:

or the main board that might be fried

bryanpaul52 :

Okay. wellits hard to say whether the power cord is the issue or the bord itself,

Main Control Board WJ26X10165 Main Product View
Full Size Image
the main power board is cheap. what I would do is remove the power cord from the machine and tape off the connectors so they dont touch anything and then plug the cord in at try reseting it. if it resets isolated from the AC unit then theres an issue with the power board in the unit. (shorted possibly)

Customer:

Ah....Got it, that makes sense.

Customer:

So at that point point I can figure out if it is the cord or the board

Customer:

Do you know of any other parts that might come into play here?

Customer:

Meaning if I find that the cord is okay

Customer:

Could be be anything else other than the main board?

Bryan, Handyman
Experience: HVAC EPA Section 608 Type 1 license
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I rated, but brought me away from the screen. Just curious if there could be anything else that might have to replace other than the cord potentially and the Main Circuit Board

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Not really, the two parts we covered are really the only things that would cause this not to at least start or reset.
Bryan, Handyman