Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience:  35 years experience, HVAC

Hello. I just upgraded my hvac system with 2 stage Trane XL16I

Customer Question

I just upgraded my hvac system with 2 stage Trane XL16I (4TTX6) a/c, Trane XV95 2 stage Gas Furnace, and Aprilare humidifier. I ordered Honeywell Prestige 2 wire IAQ Tstat. I'm confused how to wire all the system. According furnace installation manual from a/c unit Y1 goes to Y on the furnace and Y1 t-stat also goes to the furnace. Same thing with Y2. According A/C manual Y1 is the same as before, but Y2 from A/C goes to BK on the furnace and Y2 from t-stat goes to BK on the furnace. Witch wire diagram is correct? Also If I'd like to use separate transformer for humidifier how should I wire it?
Thanks in advance for any comments.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick Mather replied 3 years ago.

Rick Mather :

The Y terminal on furnace is just a place too land wires from thermostat and outdoor unit Y1 is first stage of cooling and Y2 is second stage. On a call for cooling thermostat switches power from Rc too terminal G and Y1 which tells indoor blower and first stage outdoor unit too start.

Rick Mather :

The humidifier can be wired from 24 vac from furnace or from seperate transformer either way its controlled by humidistat and sail switch or current switch which proves blower is on before humidifier is allowed too operate

Rick Mather :

upload pictures of terminal blocks for further help