Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I am staying in a dorm room that has an AC unit on the wall.

Customer Question

I am staying in a dorm room that has an AC unit on the wall. It is making a ticking noise and I can't sleep. Inside, there's a contraption that has a dial that looks like a timer, but says 0 and 1, and siemens HVAC, and that's what seems to be making the ticking sound every 10 seconds or so. How can I make it stop? I've tried turning off the fan, but it still seems to continue.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 3 years ago.

I'm Gina, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I found an solution and no longer need a response. Thanks.