Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I own a Carrier model #50RVR024RCC31130 that is only a few

Customer Question

I live in a high rise building with a central water based HVAC system, but each unit has its own air handler. I own a Carrier model #50RVR024RCC31130 that is only a few years old but is out of warranty and have been told it needs a new TXV expansion valve. Supposedly this part has been a common problem but is nevertheless unavailable in the US and has to be shipped from Germany, and the labor to replace it has been quoted at 4 to 5 hours. I've been waiting for three weeks now and this whole situation is beginning to seem like a nightmare. Instead of continuing to wait for this valve, would it make more sense to replace the entire unit? If so, has Carrier solved the problem with this valve in newer systems or which competitors make a better product?

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 3 years ago.

I'm Gina, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not willing to continue to wait. Please close my question and refund my payment since no useful response was supplied. Thank you.