mranswer
mranswer, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  20 years experience running my own business
13971964

When i turn my dryer on the burner fires up properly , when

When i turn my dryer on the burner fires up properly , when it gets to the proper temp for that cycle it shuts off . Now is where the problem starts once the dryer cools and it sends the message to start the burner again you can see the ignitor heat up , but there is a grinding sound that comes from either the ingnitor or the regulator and then the ignitor shuts off and the burner will not lite . Is this an ignitor issue or a regulator issue
The coils on the gas valve are going out- replace them both. Once warm from being on they fail to generate enough magnetic force to open the valve. This is quite common and cheaply fixed as any local parts supply has the coils as they are generic in nature and used on just about any gas dryer regardless of mfr.