Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

What is a switch in my furnace with P3, C2 settings for and

What is a switch in my furnace with P3, C2 settings for and what should it be set to?
Please do not rate me until we have finished our dialog and you can rate me as "excellent" service. Thanks for the chance to help.
I don't know of any switch that should need to be changed for the summer. Where is this switch? Can you upload a picture of it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will get you a picture shortly.
OK, that'd be great!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The switch in the furnace is the one with the p3/c2 but I did find an
on/off on the ceiling with lines leading toward the a/c unit. I still need
to know what the first switch is for and what it should be set to.
Frances, in our last dialog, you were going to get me some pictures of these switches. This would be most helpful as there really shouldn't be any "switches" you need to set unless there is something unusual about this installation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I sent the pictures in an e-mail but not sure if I sent them correctly. I will try again.
You can upload them right here. Just use the small icon that looks like a paper clip at the top of the answer box.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No paper clip on my reply box here on the site but the first ones I sent were from my phone so I just downloaded them and resent as inserts and attachments in a reply to your email.
It should be at the top of the answer box. I don't think it will work to just reply to the email from our site. The other way customers have done it is to contact customer service and have them email me the pics.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay, I will do that. The reply box is kinda oddly spacing what I type and there is no paperclip. I must warn you I have the worst luck with everything and what seems simple becomes a major ordeal rather quickly. (like flipping a switch) lol.
I understand. Your best bet is to use Firefox as your web browser. I know it works with that. But you can also contact customer service and they will email it to me.
That P3,C2 switch is just basically the gas valve on your furnace. You can flip it to the "off" position if you want for the summer. There's really no reason to. The gas valve will not energize without a call for heat from the thermostat. The other switch is just the on-off switch fro your furnace and that should be in the "on" position (marked on the switch itself).