Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

Hello, I have an existing Copeland Compressor for my HVAC system,

Hello, I have an existing Copeland Compressor for my HVAC system, model number CR35K6-PFV-223 and the frame has rusted away. Where can I get a replacement frame and if that is not possible where can I get a similar replacement compressor?
Thanks, Brian.
Hello.Sorry you are having problems. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help.Please wait to leave rating until we are finished.You will need to replace the compressor as the frame is factory welded . If you have johnstone or any similar AC supplier near you, they can get you a repalcment compressor.. Any hvac supplier can cross reference the compressor,It will most likely be a different replacement number today.but as long as is same btus (35,000), Copeland hermetic type, it will work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Airheatman, thank you for the information regarding the compressor. I want to connect the replacement compressor to the existing connections from the airconditioner already in the room, will this be possible. Do I have to look out for anything special when buying a replacement Compressor to make sure it is compatible with the air conditioner. What will stop me from just taking out the old one and putting the new one in and connecting it and turning on the airconditioner? Brian.
There is quiet a bit involved. First if unit still has freon in it,that will need to be recovered. Then you will need to heat the solder joints with a torch, and disconnect the copper lines. Unbolt and remove compressor. I recommend asking for the latest compressor that they have which cross references from the old one.(Provide supply house with old model number) This will avoid or minimize any piping.Then bolt new compressor in and solder the lines back to the new compressor. After this, you will need to use a vacuum pump to vacuum the system to get all air out of system,Then you will need to add refrigerant as per charge listed on the unit .Hope this is helpful.