Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  City & Guilds Plumbing and Heating Engineer

hi i got problems with our ferroli boiler (f24b) hot water

Customer Question

hi i got problems with our ferroli boiler (f24b) hot water runs cold after a short time. iv replaced the thermister senser which seemed to work for a few days but fault code f5 still comes on and then water runs cold for a short time again . please have you got any ideas what could be wrong . thank you alan.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name is Andrew - I will try and sort your problem in the shortest possible time. When was the last time it was serviced? It could be dirty electrodes preventing it from lighting.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is lit. the heating is working. the water is hot for a short time then goes cold and hot again takes forever to run a bath .

Ok try this.
Turn the heating off and run the hot tap - put your ear against the case and see if you can hear it click. If it clicks to fire up but then clicks again and goes out then let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry for the delay in getting back to you but iv been unable to go down my daughters to look at her boiler. having listened to the boiler it fires up straight away and goes out after 3 to 4 mins. thats with or without the heating on and flashes f5 and takes a time to relight .

It sounds like an ignition electrode or flame detect electrode problem. Try cleaning both of them and if that does not work try replacing one at a time.