mranswer
mranswer, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  20 years experience running my own business
13971964

Hi, in my furnace room I have an Intermatic Model : ET1725C

Hi, in my furnace room I have an Intermatic Model : ET1725C Timer Box. Does this control where the furnace gets its air from? It is a two storey house. In the winter it is hot upstairs and cool down stairs. The Timer is currently on manual. The house is only two years old.
No. The timer probably was used to control when the unit would turn on and off- why a programmable t/stat was not used to do this same thing is unknown to me. Hot air rises, so it is no mystery that upstairs is warmer than down. All you can do is let the fan run all the time as that may help to circulate the air and even out the temperature in the whole house.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou for replying!

The furnace has a thermostat. This Timer im talking about is conected to a selenoid "flapper" that on one side is a round insulated duct (that im sure brings in fresh outside air) and the otherside is conected to the "air in" side of the furnace. The Programable timer is just on manual.
So can you tell me (with this new information) what is the purpose of this timer and how it should be set?

The outside air intake is probably there for mild weather use. You don't want cold air intake in winter, so the timer being set for manual means you manually energize that solenoid at will. Only by seeing the position of the damper can you tell whether it is open or not.