Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers
Emergency Condensate Holding TankWhen the room temperature is low and the indoor humidity is high, the air conditioner may not be able to evaporate some of the moisture fast enough. When this happens, the water will accumulate in an emergency condensate tank inside the unit. Once the emergency condensate tank is full, the unit will automatically shut off and the “ ” will appear on the control panel display. To empty the condensate tank, pull the drain plug at the bottom back of the unit. You will need a small pan, approximately 1” high to catch the water coming out of the condensate tank. Once the condensate tank is drained, the unit will begin working within a few minutes. The emergency condensate tank is approximately 1.5 Liters of water. Another option is to purchase a small hose from a hardware store that can fit around the 5/8” drain plug on the back of the unit and drain the unit into a gravity drain or larger pan for continuous drainage. It is not advised to use continuous drainage when the room temperature is higher than 90F .
For Technical Support & Warranty Service Please Call(NNN) NNN-NNNNOr Write To: Soleus International Inc. 20035 E. Walnut Dr., North City of Industry, CA 91789
My unit KY-20/KY-25/KY-32 cools for a short period of time and then turns off.
- How close is the unit to the wall? If the unit is only inches away form the wall and you are running the exhaust hose out a window, more than likely their exhaust hose bend is at 90°(every 90° bend is equivalent to 3 feet). In order for the unit to run more efficiently and not overheat, it should be at least 1.5 feet away from the wall and the exhaust hose should be at a 45° angle.
- Are you exhausting the unit out a hole in the wall? If so, are you using a flap vent on the exterior of you home/office? The unit's compressor is not strong enough to push the flap on a vent open continuously and therefore will only run for a short period of time before overheating and shutting off. You should take the flap off the vent and replace it with a piece of screening.
- Are you venting it into a ceiling or basement? Does the ceiling or basement have ample ventilation? If the ceiling or basement does not have a way of pushing the heat from the exhaust to the outside, the unit will work for a short period of time and then eventually overheat and shut off.
- Check to see if the water tank is full.
You need to empty the water tank periodically in the high humidity surrounding. The machine will shut off when the tank is full.
- Keep the exhaust hose as short as possible to prevent overheating.
If an extending tube needs to be added on to the hose, the recommended length is to not exceed 3 feet. If this causes the overheating, try to reduce the length of the exhaust pipe.
- To test the unit in any of the above situations, (assuming of course that the compressor is turning on); take the exhaust hose off the unit and test run it for half an hour to an hour. If the unit runs fine, you need to OK your exhaust venting. If the unit still overheats, call Soleus Air Customer Service
4. What should I do if my unit has an E-4 problem?
The broken water tank flipper will directly cause the unit to not function and the E-4 message will appear on the display screen.
5. What should I do when caster broken?
Call Customer Service Center for replacement.
6. What should I do when the E-1 message display on screen?
Contact our Customer Service Center.
7. How do I operate the Continuous Drainage Mode for KY-25U and MA-9000AH?
Step by step instructions for the continuous drainage mode
8. How do I install the water pump for KY-28 and KY-32?
If you have already purchased the water pump, model #: 20+ULT, you can install it easily.
. Do you have a toll free phone number available?
Yes. The phone number is
How do I get a Warranty Service?
· Please contact us via fax(NNN) NNN-NNNN email [email protected] or telephone
· A Customer Service Representative will be assigned to help you.
· You need to be in front of the unit when our representative is troubleshooting
A) If it is considered that your unit needs to be repaired or replaced:
You will be given a Return Authorization# (RA#). This number must accompany all returns and correspondence. Have your unit packed with the original box or a strong corrugated carton, with all the accessories. Write in a visible spot of the box the RA# (Items arriving Soleus warehouse without it, will be rejected), and label it with your name, address and send it prepaid to:
Soleus Air 20035 E. WALNUT DR. NORTH,City of Industry, CA 91789
This is a Warehouse for Returns only; please do not send any correspondence to this address. We will repair or replace your unit once we are in receipt of the original one. Please allow 1-4 weeks for this process, depending on the repairing time or availability of the part/product.
I have checked this drain plug and nothing has come out of the unit adn it is still beeping...
Have you emptied the reservoir
I guess you meant that by saying you pupped the drain plug
Can you see any water in it? if not the unit must not have been working awhile?
I am sorry I can only find the data on their website and they encourage troubleshooting on the phone with them.
There was a knob on the bottom in the back and I unscrewed the knob...and nothing came out...once taking that knob off, is there something more that should be done? The unit has not been used for a couple months as it is mounted on the wall in a tanning salon room
Oh ok so it wont be this then
I am afraid you willneed to call the manufacturers # XXXXX specific data they do not put online.
no other ideas?
I pretty much pasted everything in their troubleshooting protocols
Other than reset the power no.
do you have a number for the manufacturer?
When you say reset the power....is that more than just turning it on and off?
As I have already tried turning it off and on and even unplugging the unit and nothing help-s
yes but pull the plug
I did that too...and it still continues to beep even when it's unplugged.
Yes the maker is pretty stingy with anything specific
WOW It must have a battery or capacitor
What's a capacitor?
It may need to be unplugged awhile
Like how long?
and touch a insulated screwdriver across the plugs ends to drain any residual power
Until it stops making noise and I would short the plugs prongs once pulled to de energize
How do you mean that? The plug that goes into the wall?
I mean the power cords ends the metal prongs
I would contact the maker though.
Short the plugs prongs?
Yes sometimes with memory that drains the little power they have
I don't want to electrocute myself! :)
No it wont
If it is unplugged
So do I have to pay for this today since I really haven't gotten an answer?
and touch a screwdriver across the prongs 30 seconds to drain it
It may not be applicable but works on certain electronics with memory power
No you only pay if you have been answered!
I am going to go unplug it and try the screwdriver thing to at least get it to stop beeping...
If you could would you rate me as helpful ?
It wont cost you
It helps me a lot!
Well, at the beginning of this, it said that a deposit was being taken from my card.
Yes, I will rate you has helpful...even though I didn't get the answer!
I founfd all their is online, I know its not the answer you wanted but its all there is.
Thank you I did try! I appreciate your rating it makes a difference for us experts!
Thank you I wil opt out bye! Keith.
I just tried the screwdriver thing and it didn't work!
I was skeptical anything will actually
Not tryng to be rude, but how do I make sure I don't get charged
Oh I understand many ratings are made without accepting the answer
Just do not accept the answer but rate it helpful etc