servtech50
servtech50, HVAC Technician
Experience:  over 20 yrs. experience

i need a wiring diagram for a coleman mobile home gas furnace

Customer Question

i need a wiring diagram for a coleman mobile home gas furnace model # XXXXX
Category: HVAC
Expert:  M Oglesby replied 1 year ago.

M Oglesby :

Go to www.manualsonline.com

M Oglesby :

Have model number and serial number of furnace when ordering.

M Oglesby :

Thanks for using JA!

Customer :

I couldnt find it at manuals on line

M Oglesby :

That is the only source I am aware of. I will opt out so another expert can assist you.

Customer :

Is someone else going to try to help me?

Customer :

hello

Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
Sir I was looking for a manual and a service manual for your furnace earlier this morning and like you I can not locate one. But come Monday I could get on from local Distributor and find out where you could get one. I apologize, but if you do need on right away, I do not know where to find it. What is happening that you need the wire diagram? Maybe I can help. servtech50
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

wires got diconnected between booster or combustion motor, transformer and i think it is called the relay and i need to figure out how to reconnect then

Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will check into this. I do agree you need a manual/wire diagram. the relay you speak of is it on the intake/ exhaust pipe?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no im not sure what its called its a little dark brown thing next to the transformer with numbers and wire hookups on it

Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
ok you are correct a contactor or relay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think it might be a coleman/evcon have you ever heard of that?
Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
yes, very common in mobile homes. The problem is coleman does not post any manuals.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
he cant help me
Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
on the relay is there orange, black, gray, green and white wires?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there are no wires hooked up that is part of the problem and on other wiring diagrams ive looked at it shows black and white wire coming of the combustion motor and on this one the wires are blue and black. 2 blue coming off down towards the bottom of the motor and 1 thick black one that splits in 2 up more towards the top of the motor

Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how old your furnace is?
Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
I will check back on Monday if your question has been answered Great. if not I will have the diagram. servtech50 for now I am opting out to allow others to help.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure thefurnace series is not a 7900.....the 4066 ism shoing as a relay kit.

Can you find a different number anywhere?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have a serial # X dont know if that will help its XXXXXXXXX /p>

Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
It is also known as a Coleman 7966

You will find the diagrams here

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/media/img/nordyne/901994-5.pdf

billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i looked at these diagrams and dont see booster or combustion motor showing and i need that. someone tried to replace that motor disconnected all the wires and didnt know how to put it back together .there are 2 blue wires coming off the motor and also 1 black thick wire that splits in 2. all wires have been taken off the treansformer and the relay. that is what i need to rewire

Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
are you able to do a continuity check on the wires. black to black and blue to blue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i dont know what that is

Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
You would need an electrical meter to check for continuity, ohms. resistance. I am thinking the blue wires will be an opened circuit and the black wires will be your power to run motor. so when the motor (Combustion blower), turns on and comes up to speed the "end" switch (blue wires) closes and the starts the rest of the sequence. On that relay, there must be some wires still connected. can you trace them and tell me where they are going? servtech50
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ther r no wires still connected

Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
I know. the wires on the combustion blower are connected to the blower right? jut not connected to the contactor or any thing else. If I knew the resistance I may be able to help here. OH there are no wires connected to relay at all. on relay how many spots are there to connect wires?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

4 hookups

Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
The more you can tell me about the wiring and what is wired and to where the wires go would be very helpful in getting your back to being wired. So, is the blower motor still wired? where do the wires go? thermostat wires are they still wired and where does the white wire from thermostat go to on furnace? Gas valve, wired? and where do the wire go to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

blower motor not hooked up no wires hooked to transformer or relay the rest is still all hooked up wires for plu foe fan switch not hooked up either

Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
Wow, someone really took this thing apart! And then walked away? I did not understand the plu? the gas valve is? where do the wires go?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ya he was supposed to change the combustion motor for us and messed it up totally and my husband told him to hit the road. the plu should have been the plug. im not sure about the gas valve i do know that the wires from the motor r hanging, thereis yellow wires hanging from maybe some igniter box? there is a white wire hanging . It isnt in front of me right now its my daughters house and im not there, i guess its another cold night for her we are in NY and it was really cold last night around 30 degrees

Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
I do understand very much. All of us that has tried to help just can not locate a wire diagram for your or your daughters furnace. I was hoping most of it was still wired up because I probably could have figured out the wires for the combustion blower. But if it is a mess like it sounds, it will be next to impossible for me to do that. I can possibly get a diagram on Monday. But until then , I really do not know. You say this is in a mobile home? any idea what so ever how old?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no no title to home, im not sure if there is anything in the breaker box i will look tom. i guess its time to give up for today there is always tom. i think im gonna have a beer

Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
Now that is a fantastic idea. I will continue to look for wire dia. But I think moday will be the best sorry.
Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
I have a request in to the mobile home people that I deal with. They are telling me the model number that you have posted is for an oil furnace. is this true? they are going to fax to me when service manager comes back. but I would like to know more if this is oil or gas. Was it oil and someone did or was trying to convert to gas? servtech50
Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have the wire diagram now. but you have timed out you will need to relist and ask for servtech50. thanks
Expert:  servtech50 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need a wire diagram?? servtech50