BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Trane XR1100 outside fan not working but cool air is coming

Trane XR1100 outside fan not working but cool air is coming in through vents in house

if you reach in the top with a stick or something skinny enough to reach the blades...and try to spin the fan blade...does it just spin, feel stiff or try to start?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I pushed it a couple of times and now it is spinning! Hooray!
Thank you,

This means the start capacitor is bad. The next time it shuts down it will not start again.

This is good news because the cap is cheap and easy to replace. Do you want info on how to change yourself?

Billy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
If you follow the wires from the fan motor you will see that 2 go to a silver or black cannister. It can be round and the size of a pop can or oval.

Turn off power, mark the wires and then remove. Take to a local cooling shop and get a new one...less than $40 usually. Install new and you are back in business. Plus I am availble for follow up.

Billy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much! By the way - I love your dog!
You are very welcome.

That is my best friend....he is much more photogenic than I......

Billy