gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

replacing old furnace blower motor with new 1 problem is the

1. replacing old furnace blower motor with new 1 problem is the old had 5 wires red,white,blue,brown and black the new 1 has 7 red,white,blue,2brown,yellow and black hooked the 2 brown to 1 side of the capacitor and the whites to the other side hooked the red from the motor to the red from the furnace switch and the black to the black motor runs but get's hot and smell's a little so I cut it off don't know what to do with the yellow and blue wires

Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 2 years ago.

gotoman for ac :

Russ here what probem are you having.

gotoman for ac :

1 brown to each side of capacitor . You should have 1 brown with white stripe.

gotoman for ac :

Connect the two white wiresto that side of capacitor with brown/white. Tape off blue and yellow wires. Russ

Customer:

put 1 brown on 1 side and the other on the side with the whites

gotoman for ac :

Yes You should have a brown/white. White wires can go to that terminal or you can just connect the whites seperate.

gotoman for ac :

Did you get last reply. Russ

Customer:

when I do that the motor just hum do you think the capacitor might be bad

Customer:
gotoman for ac :

If you have it wired correctly. 1 brown on one side of capacitor and 1 brown white on other with your white common wires attached it should start. If not replace capacitor. Russ

gotoman for ac :

Size of capacitor is on side. It will say something like 5uf 370VAC or 7.5uf. Russ

Customer:
Customer:

it does would that be why it run's with both brown wires together and both white wires hooked on the same side

gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience: 51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
What Gotoman meant was the capacitor ONLY has the brown on one side and brown with stripe on the other side..the whits are removed and just connected together with a wire nut.

The only wires on the cap will be the 2 browns, one on each side.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
motor is running from the way you said to hook up the wires don't smell no burning just waiting to see how long before it shut down from getting hot it sound pretty good so far
How is it running? Just a follow up. Russ