Comfort Specialist
Comfort Specialist, Designer, Estimator & Technician
Experience:  Master HVAC & Gas, Air Balance, LG Master Commissioner, University of North Carolina Certificate holder for Industrial Ventilation Design.
66600370

Used circuit board for Carrier Infinity A/C (Air Handler)

Customer Question

I have a Carrier Infinity A/C, with inside air handler and outside condenser. The system does not power on (thermostat dead) and a Carrier repair tech said that the circuit board on the Air Handler has burned out and needs to be replaced. $1100 was the quoted price for a new circuit board.

Does anyone know where I can get a used circuit board for this unit? I can't imagine paying that much money for a circuit board. The system is 8 years old so the part is no longer under warranty.

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Comfort Specialist replied 2 years ago.

Wvfan79 :

Hello there! I'm Norman but you can call me Norm. Let's see what I can do to get you some answers today. I'm ready to get started whenever you are.

Wvfan79 :

If you can give me the model number of the unit that contains the board I can find you the replacement circuit board.

Customer:

Hi Norm,

The air handler is

Customer:

The model number of the air handler (which contains the bad circuit board) is FE4ANF003

Customer:
Wvfan79 :

Great, give me a few minutes.

Wvfan79 :

I need to check a couple locations and I will get back with you shortly.

Customer:

PS The circuit board says:

Customer:

CEPL130510-08A

Wvfan79 : Can you tell me about how old the air handler is?
Wvfan79 : Also do you happen to have the serial number?
Customer:
Wvfan79 :

Sorry, nothing came through, please try typing again.

Customer:

The air handler was purchased new in 2004. I can try to find the serial number of the air handler if that would help. Thanks for your efforts.

Wvfan79 :

The serial may help

Wvfan79 :

According to my research this is the board you need.

Wvfan79 :

CLICK HERE for Ebay, then going to list a couple more.

Wvfan79 :

CLICK HERE for Short's HVAC Supply

Wvfan79 :

CLICK HERE for Midwest HVAC Parts

Wvfan79 :

It is show to be the replacement board for the FE4ANF003000ABAA & the FE4ANF003T00ABAA

Wvfan79 :

Look at the picture and compare to yours for visual confirmation.

Wvfan79 :

I will be standing by should you have further questions.

Wvfan79 :

If you have no further questions, and are 100% satisfied with my response, please consider pressing the accept button so that I am compensated for my time. If you ever need help with another question in the future I can be found using this link - http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-its-norm/. I'd be glad to help any time. Also, I love positive feedback!

Customer:
Customer:

It looks like you have done your job well, and fast. Many thanks.

Wvfan79 :

You are very welcome!

Customer:
Experience: Master HVAC & Gas, Air Balance, LG Master Commissioner, University of North Carolina Certificate holder for Industrial Ventilation Design.
Thank you so much. If you have follow up questions simply return and respond below. I'll reply just as soon as I can.