airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a Air-ease Ultra V Tech 80 Central AC. I came home

Customer Question

I have a Air-ease Ultra V Tech 80 Central AC. I came home yesterday and house was hot. I looked outside and compressor and line were iced up. turned everything off, installed clean filters, old ones were a little dirty. Waited till today to turn on. I noticed no air blowing inside. I turned off the compressor outside so it wouldn't ice up again. I put the fan switch on run. Still no air movement. I checked the inside blower 5a fuse on the circuit board and it is good.

G1N80AT125D20C-1
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 4 years ago.

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX do my best to answer your question.Remember, you are not charged and I am not paid until you accept my answer.

Your problem is most likely one of three things. Either blower relay is stuck open, capacitor is bad or indoor motor is bad.After a single accept,we can go through some troubleshooting pointers if you have a volt meter.graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a volt meter and Im ready
OK, we know the transformer is good because the outdoor unit is getting signal to come on. So lets start with the motor. Locate the wires from the blower motor. You should have at least 3 wires to the motor (besides capacitor). One , usually white is common. Then one of the speed wires(usually black) is coming from the fan relay for high speed fan. LOcate a wire nut connection or terminal where you can check voltage between the white and high speed wire for 120 volts.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are you talking about the blower outside or the air blower inside?
The blower is in the furnace. This is the motor that is not coming on.You will turn thermostat to Cool and check to verify whether we are getting 120 volts to the motor. Keep in mind, since panel will be off front of blower section, you will need to tape or hold in the door switch to have power to the furnace.
There will be a control board in the bottom panel on the furnace. You can check for 120 volts at the terminals on the control board.Locate the terminal "N" where white wire from blower plugs onto board and then the Cool terminal on the board, You should read 120 volts between N (Neutral ) and Cool terminal when in cool mode,power on and door switch closed. Let me know and we can go from there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not sure if you got my ealier answer. I unplugged the wire harness that goes to the motor from the board. I tested the white and black on board angd got 120 volt
I did not see your reply. Sorry. Ok Then either capacitor is bad or motor is bad. Look at capacitor and see if it looks swollen.If so, it is definitely bad, If not it needs to be checked with a capacitor tester to make sure micro farads read what label calls for (5,7.5 or 10). If capacitor checks good, the motor is the issue and will need to be replaced.Always replace capacitor with new motor if you have a bad motor.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, I let you know what I find out!
Sounds great.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do I test the capacitor with the ac on and door switch taped? They sure dont put these were they are easy to get to. lol
You will need to test the capacitor, unplugged and out of circuit.You have to make sure your meter is set to capacitance also.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks!

Thank you. Let me know what you find

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey, I checked the wrong wires earlier. I saw now their was another white and black. They said neutral and cool. I saw no voltage across these.
If thermostat is in call for cool and door button in, If no voltage at Neutral and cool on board the board is likely defective. Your relay is built into the board.So if thermostat sends signal to board for blower and outdoor unit to come on, but board does not send signal out, it will be bad.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the same unit for an opstairs room, I ended up swapping the boards. Nice COLD air now. I'll order a rplacement for the one I robbed. THANKS!!!
Fantastic. Thanks for letting me work with yopu. Posiotive feedback is appreciated