gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

ac quit working. Condensor unit is working, fan on furnace

ac quit working. Condensor unit is working, fan on furnace will not. Have tried to turn heat on and it will not kick on. ???
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 2 years ago.

gotoman for ac :

Turn fan to on position and see if you here fan try to run. Model number of furnace please. Russ

Customer:

n9mp2125 j20 - c1 fan will not run.

Customer:

with cover off blower compartment, and i push switch on door, light dim a bit.

Customer:

looked at 5 amp fuse on circuit board and it seems ok

gotoman for ac :

Sounds like motor problem or board. Feel motor to see if hot. Russ

Customer:

motor not hot area is cool

Customer:

i can send picture of board if you want

gotoman for ac :

Please do that will help a great deal. Russ

Customer:

Full Size Image

gotoman for ac :

Do you see a cool and heat tap on board. Russ

Customer:

you mean where the wire is connected to board? lower right has those wires

gotoman for ac :

Ok remove the wire off cool and connect to L1 coming into furnace. Russ

Customer:

there is m1 and m2 on board. i think m1 is cool. where is l1 located?

gotoman for ac :

give me a moment to pull manual. Russ

gotoman for ac :

It should say heat and cool. The m1 and M2 terminals are for motor speeds not used. The L1 is the line that goes to board off the door switch. Russ

Customer:

ok got em switched

gotoman for ac :

Does the fan run.

Customer:

no

gotoman for ac :

Your furnace board is bad, If you need cooling you can remove neutral wire to motor and cool to motor and connect to a 115 volt plug. Fan will run all the time but you will have cooling unitl you get a new board. Russ

Customer:

ok

gotoman for ac :

Do you need a source for board. Russ

gotoman for ac :

If you can get me board number I will get you a source for board. Russ

Customer:

How can you tell that it's not the motor?

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

These should show numbers of board.

gotoman for ac :

The furnace does not work. Go to www.allpartsheating.com They have part . Just type in part number off board.

Customer:

i turned on furnace this morning and it kick on. Fan on blower and condinser working fine. Cleaned try for water discharge on top of blower and seems to be fine. I am not sure if it has a cycle shut down on blower, maybe if it froze up? What say you?

gotoman for ac :

It may have gotten wet and caused problem. Check filters and have charge checked . Also check drain to see if it is stopped up. You may still have an intermitten problem. Just watch system a few days and see what happens.

Customer:

yes i cleaned all hoses, checked filters, cleaned tray

gotoman for ac :

Very good . It was acting like a bad board. You were lucky usually when the board gets wet it shorts out. Russ

gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience: 51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC