Comfort Specialist
Comfort Specialist, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Master Lic. holder for HVAC & Gas, Contractor, Estimator, Designer, Air Balance Certified, LG Master Commissioner, UNC Cert. holder for Industrial Ventilation
66600370

How much can I expect to pay for a furnace replacement...new

How much can I expect to pay for a furnace replacement...new unit is a Goodman GMV8...or one of the G-series units. My airconditioning unit is a 3 ton capacity?!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Comfort Specialist replied 4 years ago.

Wvfan79 :

Hello there! I'm Norman but you can call me Norm. Let's see what I can do to get you some answers today. I'm ready to get started whenever you are.

Customer:
Wvfan79 :

I'm not sure if your response is coming through

Wvfan79 :

Can you try typing something again?

Customer:

Yes...had to replace an airconditioning coil, but the furnace is 22 years old...considering replaceing the entire furnace unit with a Goodman G series to compliment the 3 ton airconditioner...how much can I expect to pay?

Customer:

Unit cost and Labor?

Wvfan79 :

No problem... If you are looking at a 90% high efficient goodman furnace you should expect to pay somewhere in the range of 2400-2800 depending on the companies overhead an profit margin. If you went with an 80% furnace and already have type B metal vent in the home you would be around 2000-2400. The higher efficiency furnaces cost around 1000 and the 80% std furnace is around 700-850 depending on the one you choose and its features.

Wvfan79 :

That would only include the furnace replacement, new emergency pan and equipment supports, reconnection of the drain line, gas pipe, vent piping, and ducting.

Wvfan79 :

expect to pay another 300 or so for the extended parts and labor warranty on just the furnace.

Customer:

How much for the whole replacement job?

Wvfan79 :

Furnace + A/C?

Customer:

No...furnace, and coil...the a/c is new from last year.

Customer:
Wvfan79 :

Oh gotcha. Would you be reusing the existing refrigerant line-set and drain lines?

Customer:

Refrige line I guess yes,,,they're new...drain lines, probably not, they need to fit the new unit, I think.

Wvfan79 :

The drains should fit the new unit without a problem. Residential is std. 3/4" pvc. How about a new thermostat? also, any duct modifications?

Customer:

Little duct work...same thermostat.

Customer:
Wvfan79 :

What do you mean by little ductwork? is it a new enlarged return or just modifying the boxes to fit the new furnace and coil?

Customer:

Just modifying.

Customer:
Wvfan79 :

Ok, give me a minute to run through the pricing.

Customer:

ok.

Customer:

we still connected?

Wvfan79 :

yes

Customer:

thank you.

Wvfan79 :

Ok, we are looking at between 3,600 and 4,000 for the 90% with coil and between 3,200-3,600 for the 80% with coil

Wvfan79 :

Again that depends on the companies overhead and markup

Customer:

Great...a good place to start...thank you. I appreciate your insight!

Customer: