Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a Honeywell thermostat and it is flashing "filter" -

I have a Honeywell thermostat and it is flashing "filter" - all filters were recently changed within the past 2 weeks. What is causing this warning and what do I need to do to have it stop flashing??

Thanks!
Bob
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Rickheatdoc :

Welcome to Just Answer, I will do my best to help you with your problem

The filter 'warning' is just a timed reminder it's not related to how dirty the filters are. If you can give me the model number of your thermostat I can tell you how to reset it.

Rickheatdoc :

If you can't give me the model number you could try call Honeywell customer assistance at
1-XXX-XXX-XXXX

Rickheatdoc :

Or you can post a picture here and I might be able to identify it

Customer:

Not sure - it is a Honeywell STAR (picture of a star). Numbers on the back of the thermostat read: CT3611R4450W

Rickheatdoc :

Ok give me a minute to look it up

Customer:

Okay...

Rickheatdoc :

Is this your thermostat?

Rickheatdoc :

here the the general manual page 10 to enter the customization settings

manual

Rickheatdoc :

are you still there?

Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Got it and the AC has "kicked on"...finally! I was unable to get the days to change - appeared to automatically default to 90 days. I used the arrows but did not change the days only the temperature. Any concerns with the days being set at 90??
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
The number of days doesn't matter. It's just a reminder. If you change your filters regularly then I'd set the number of days as high as possible so you don't have to be bothered dealing with this any more often than necessary
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.