Comfort Specialist
Comfort Specialist, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Master Lic. holder for HVAC & Gas, Contractor, Estimator, Designer, Air Balance Certified, LG Master Commissioner, UNC Cert. holder for Industrial Ventilation
66600370
HVAC

Hi,i have a problem with my Sunvic unishare SD2701 valve. when

the timer is set for... Show More
the timer is set for hot water only, radiators are getting hot. it would seem that the valve is turning to the mid position and there seems to be a constant clicking noise from the actuator, the brass bodied valve was replaced last year, i have removed the actuator housing and checked that the 2 port valve turns easily manually.should i look at replacing the actuator it self. Many thanks XXXXX XXXXX.

Wvfan79 :

Hello I'm Norman & thanks for using JustAnswer. Please do not press accept or leave feedback until you feel we have reached a resolution. Watch the back of the actuator where the spindle/shaft goes, if it moves the valve is bad again. If it doesn't move the actuator is bad.

Customer:

Hello Norman, thanks for your reply to my motorised vave problem. after removing the actuator from the vave and switching the timer i noticed that the actuator is turning but then starts clicking as if it wants to turn further also i am able to turn the spindle on the two port valve with my fingers it dose not seem to be stiff or seized.

Wvfan79 :

Yes it sounds like your actuator needs to be replaced. The sound your hearing is a stripped gear.

Customer:

Hi Norman,Thanks for your advice. i will replace the actuator.Thanks, Dave.

Wvfan79 :

No problem Mr. Howard. Please feel free to message me again if you should have any further questions.