HotWired
HotWired, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Recently earned degrees in, HVAC/R and Power/Building Management Engineer. Owner of Hotwired Electric Heating & Cooling.
29227903

Trane 2004, 3 Ton, 15 SEER Air Handler and Condenser. It is

Customer Question

Trane 2004, 3 Ton, 15 SEER Air Handler and Condenser. It is in EXELLENT CONDITION. Model # XXXXX unit- 2TTX4036A1000AA and Indoor Unit-TWE037E13FB1. This Unit has a variable speed motor for humidity control. Our company serviced and cleaned this unit for maximum efficiency. This is an R-22 Unit, with a full charge of refrigerant inside.

If I can get this unit for $1,400.00 am I still crazy if it uses R-22? I can easily go to a 410A system for same or less money but have had excellent results with prior Trane equipment.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HotWired replied 4 years ago.

HotWired :

Welcome to Just Answer!

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX in need of replacement for one of my dual Trane Units. The downstairs has a 5 ton unit which is still working fine and the upstairs has a 3 ton unit which is leaking R22 and prob needs replacement. I am trying to see if I am better off buying a used R22 unit or even a new 410A system seperately and having it installed, rather that going with a packaged quote from a local dealer.

HotWired :

I would stay with the R-22

Customer:

I know the old R22 is being phased out and pricing will climb to make refill painfull, but need some advice on which way to go. I am just leery of buying a packaged system where I think I could get ripped off on both the unit and the installation.

Customer:

Thanks for your help