Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, HVAC Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

How can Frigidaire stay in business? Ive had 3 of their products

How can Frigidaire stay in business? I've had 3 of their products only last a few years. This time it's a built-in oven. The model is FEB2455ABB and serial is NF64516919. There is power to it, but it won't heat. The error indicator says "F9" and the Door Locked indicator is flashing. I assume it's a problem with the push button. I'd like to bypass this.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answers, I will be glad to help you with your question.
The F9 error code is indicating to you that the door lock mechanism is jambed. You first should try to power down the oven for 2 minutes and then restart the cleaning process. Let the clean cycle start if it will and then a minute later hit the cancel button. Hopefully it will unlock.

If not then it is jambed and will require you to take the oven apart and manually unlock it.
If this is required, I would suggest that you get a service tech to assist you, as there are a number of components that need to be checked to find out why it is not functioning.
I see you never accepted my answer. Did you have any additional information that I can provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The oven is at my tenant's house. I'll be going there today or tomorrow. I really don't want to pay the ridiculous prices services charge. Can't I easily bypass this switch?
If you can get the oven unlocked, then it should work as before. But if you can't get the door open, you will have no choice. Try the restart I discussed and see what happens.
Appliance Tech Care, HVAC Technician
Experience: 35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I checked the oven. Nothing works except when I pressed clock it did come up after a while. Anyway, I opened it up and exposed the panel and wires. I took pictures so if you could tell me where current should be I can find out where the problem is. How do I send the pictures?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you see my last reply? I must have accidentally hit the accept button.
I;m confused about what you have going on here. I looked up the model you gave me and it shows that it is a non-selfclean oven. There is no lock anywhere on the parts list or wiring diagram
Are you sure you gave me the correct model number
FEB2455ABB
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm going back there tomorrow, so I'll check. In the meantime, do you want me to send the pictures?
There is no way to send pictures back to JA, sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did before on Tinypic. Anyway, I'll check the model # XXXXX and perhaps you could send me a wiring diagram.
here is wiring diagram

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model-image.php?id=207620&mx=1200&my=1100&t=7731
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All I got was a blank page. Could you copy and paste it here? If you can do that I'll be done, but I would like you to tell me how to bypass that door switch. Maybe I can figure it out from the wiring diagram.
Copy and paste this link into your browser address bar.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess my last reply didn't get posted. I said the site was a blank page. Could you copy and paste it here? If so, I'll be done, except I would like you to tell me how to bypass the door switch. If you won't, perhaps I can figure it out from the diagram.
I checked the link and it works fine. Go to pcappliancerepair.com and put your model number into the model search. You will see a list come up. Pick your model number off the list and the wiring diagram is the last illustration. As I said before your model does not show up as a self cleaning oven with a door lock.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. I got the wiring diagram, but I'm not certain I can figure out how to bypass the door switch. Can you help me?
Like i said there is no door switch. Look at the diagram, just a light switch. There is a thermal fuse in line with the heaters. But you were talking about a door lock. If the door is not the issue now and it does not heat. check that thermal fuse. It normally on the top behind the clock console, or on the back of the oven behind the rear panel
Appliance Tech Care, HVAC Technician