BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

My furnace will not stay running long enough to heat the house

My furnace will not stay running long enough to heat the house to the desired temp set on the thermostat. If you cycle the heat off until the thermostat clicks and then set it back to heat, it will run for about ten minutes or so before it shuts off again. sometimes it will come back on by itself later. After some investigation i have found that there is some water build up inside the upper housing by the blower motor. It seems to be slowly seeping out of the compartment that the blower motor feeds into as well as the black tubing that goes from motor to vent. Any ideas? Thanks,

This sounds like a plugged condensate trap. If you have a shop vac, remove the drains and suck out the trap, the furnace and the drain.

Slow water drain is cause of many faults in a 90% furnace.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do have a shop vac but am not sure on where to find the condensate trap?

Give me model number and I will be specific.

Will start with RG***
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is the model number on the inside, it is an achiever 90+.

On this model (if upflow) it is in the blower (bottom) section on left side. It is where the final drain from furnace comes from.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a charm!

I wish a great weekend.