Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  City & Guilds Plumbing and Heating Engineer

The pressure has dropped on our Vaillant ecoTEC PLUS 630 to

The pressure has dropped on our Vaillant ecoTEC PLUS 630 to 0.2 bar and the system has cut off. There is an error message F.22. What can we do to restart it? Quite urgent as it's freezing cold outside.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try and sort your problem in the shortest possible time. Do you have a silver flexible pipe under the boiler?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes there is a silver flex pipe there
If you turn on the valve on one end on fully, then crack the other one open - you will get a whistling noise and the pressure should rise slowly. Turn it off again when you get to 1.5bar. Job done.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Both valves are tight. I've undone one end and some water dribbled out but no whistling noise. Am I doing something wrong? The pressure remains the same. 0.2 bar.
Don't undo it, turn the valve on that is at each end. Some have a black lever, others require a screwdriver in a slot and turning.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've turned one end with a screw head and the pressure's shot up into the red but water is spurting out of it. Help!
Turn it back off again so that the whistling stops and the water stops going in. If you bleed a radiator into a bowl you can bring the pressure back down to 1.5 bar.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Managed to get rid of the spurting water and bled a radiator so that the pressure's dropped. All appears to be working but slightly concerned! With the screwhead on either end of the silver pipe, which way am I meant to be turning it to make it go on or off? For future reference.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
And pressure keeps rising after I've bled the radiator - any ideas?
If you turn the screw head until it is faced directly across the pipe then the valve will be off and it will stop filling. you should hear the whistling stop when in the correct position. Keep venting into a plastic tub until the pressure is 1.5 bar.