jason3kgt
jason3kgt, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I am a residential HVAC technician with 7 years experience in troubleshooting/installation/repair/maintenance/sales.
62153646

We have a Quadra-Fire Castile Pellet Insert. The blower motor

Customer Question

We have a Quadra-Fire Castile Pellet Insert. The blower motor started making a noise so we decided we probably needed to replace it. My husband took out all the screws but because the stove is inserted into the wall, we can't get the motor out. We assume we will have to pull the whole stove out but do not know where to even start with that project. We had two of the pellet stoves put in when we build our new house about 7 years ago. The place where we bought the stoves closed and the closest rep/repairman lives 60+ miles from here and will charge us over $200.00 just to come look at it and we are retired with not a lot of $$ so we try to do as much maintenance as we can on our own. Do you have any instructions that will help us figure out how to pull this stove out of the wall? Thank you for any help you can offer.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  jason3kgt replied 5 years ago.

jason3kgt :

hi, my name is jas on and i will be assisting you today.

jason3kgt :

the blower motor on your unit has to be removed from the side. you have to pull the right cast side and disconnect the white and blue wires. if there is a wing nut be sure to remove this also. after removed a magnet holds the motor in place. tilt the blower up and pull out.

jason3kgt :

to get the actual unit out, you will need to remove the panel set and flue connection if you do not have adequate clearance.

jason3kgt :

here is the address link to the owners manual that can provide you with specific detail.