servtech50
servtech50, HVAC Technician
Experience:  over 20 yrs. experience
18623841

My Lennox Conservator III G16 will not start

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  servtech50 replied 2 years ago.

servtech50 :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am servtech50 and will assist you today.

servtech50 :

How old is your furnace?

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.

Hello, are you ready to check?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure what its age is. It came with the house when I bought it back in 2005.
ok. when there is a call for heat does the draft inducer motor start up
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, the draft inducer motor does not start. I hear a low click when I turn on the power. Then a very low buzz or hum that seems to cycle every few seconds. When I turn the power off I hear a click like a relay opening.
Do you have a meter to check and see if you are getting 120 volts to drafter? or if you feel it is it hot?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the drafter the motor at the top of the furnace, under the flue? If so, it is not hot to the touch. I have a meter but I dont see any terminals to test on.
yes that is your draft motor. there should be a molex or some other means of disconnect, so the drafter can be replaced. If it does not trace wires to see where they go and see if you can test from there.
where you able to find molex or trace wires to check for voltage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I found the connections in the wiring make up box located in the blower access panel. I put the meter in line between the white wire from the draft motor and its connection point. When the power is turned on the meter shows 123 volts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there any way to start a real time conversation?
sorry for being late to your response my computer is giving me grief. So, you are getting voltage to your draft motor. If so you will need a new motor. And your furnace will not run with out that motor. can you see a small fan blade on back of motor? if so can you spin it? no we are here now. It was my fault with the computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I can see the small fan and I can turn it but it offers a lot of resistance. Do you have a good source for parts that you can recommend?
lennox is the hardest company to get parts from and for. Should see the hassle I have to go through to get parts. But you can try online or if you have a Johnstone supply or grainger they may be able to match up. other wise try a lennox dealer and it will have to be a lennox dealer.
servtech50, HVAC Technician
Experience: over 20 yrs. experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, Thanks for the help. I'll see if I can find the motor Johnstone or Grainger.
you are welcome. pleasure assisting you. Thank you for the accept.