Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Regency gas fireplace fan will not switch off. I used the

My Regency gas fireplace fan will not switch off. I used the fireplace last night, but it's been 12 hours since I switched of the fireplace and the fan is still running.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 years ago.
All work to be done by licensed professional. WE KEEP GOING UNTIL YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION YOU NEED, I come and go. This is step ONE.

Hello, mounted on the outside of the burner box heat exchanger is a small round disc with two wires attached that operate the fan... when the fire box warms up the switch closes and the ran runs, when the fire box cools off after you shut the unit down... the switch opens and stops the fan.

Odds are in the 99% range that switch has failed in the closed contacts position... its an inexpensive item... its set to close contacts at 160F...

Its a quick job for a fire place insert service company. Tell them to bring a fan control switch with them.. .

Let me know if you need further elaboration, we can go from there. Tell me the name of the nearest town or city and I will attempt to locate a good service company for you.

Phil