BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

I have a bryant +90 furnace model 398AAW036080D.The burners

Customer Question

I have a bryant +90 furnace model 398AAW036080D.The burners come on and run then shut off when the blower kicks on.Is this the way it should run?Or should the blower and the burners be on at the same time till the temp is reached?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 4 years ago.

The burners ignite, main circulation blower kicks on...and both should remain on until thermostat turns off burner,,and 90 seconds later the blower stops.

If the burner cuts off befor the thermostat set point is reached, then there is a defect somewhere

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
any help on what it might be?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 4 years ago.

Is the there any set pattern? Do flames go out exactly when blower comes on?...or does the flame go out and blower continues and then flame comes back on?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The flames go out then the blower comes on runs for a minute then the blower shuts off and the flames start again till temp is reached.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 4 years ago.

Since it involves both burner and blower I am led to believe circuit board. But with this particular set of symptoms it would take sitting there with a volt meter to see what drops out when, and why,

Have you check thermostat batteries?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes i have checked the batteries.this is how it has run for years.was just wandering if it was wrong and how bad it is for it to run like this
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 4 years ago.

Very inefficient...but runs.

The unit may be worth a service call to get straight. But I can tell you it is not operating as designed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 4 years ago.

You are very welcome.

I am available for 30 days of follow up if you have questions on this situation.