A-1 Tech
A-1 Tech, Service Manager
Experience:  I have been in the HVAC business for over 39 years.

The blower doesnt work on my Lennox G32V furnace. The repair

The blower doesn't work on my Lennox G32V furnace. The repair guy tried a new motor - wired in but just sitting on the floor - and it turned over slowly for a second, stopped, turned over a bit more, stopped, and just continued that way. Now he's tried a new board (says Lennox doesn't make the original board any more so they sent a "generic" one). It wouldn't turn the old motor - and the same sporadic operation with the new motor - which is still sitting on the floor.
First question - does the motor have to be installed to work?
Second question - any idea as to what the problem might be?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  ComfortZone replied 2 years ago.

ComfortZone :

Did he change the capacitor as well?

Customer:

No. Just the board and motor.

Customer:

It's a DC motor - with 2 "wiring harnesses" running to it. One with a few wires, and the other with a bunch of them. Would the capacitor be on the motor, or somewhere in the furnace?

ComfortZone :

no, none there as it is varibale speed motor.

Expert:  A-1 Tech replied 2 years ago.

Did they replace the end bell only, the motor only or the entire end bell/motor assembly?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just the motor.

Expert:  A-1 Tech replied 2 years ago.

It is common that the end bell electronics are usually is what goes out

There is available a test meter to take the guess work out of this

I think it is called ICM 2 tester

But since the motor has been replaced, I am sure it is the end bell.

A-1 Tech, Service Manager
Experience: I have been in the HVAC business for over 39 years.
Expert:  A-1 Tech replied 2 years ago.
Are you still here?
Expert:  A-1 Tech replied 2 years ago.

This is getting really expensive for you, first a motor, then a circuit board. While there are generic circuit boards, I can almost assure you Lennox had a replacement board for your unit. I would be suprised if they don't. They do however change boards fairly often and at times you may need a conversion kit.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know.