mranswer
mranswer, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  20 years experience running my own business
13971964

I have a lennox model #1003-75 horizontal attic furnace unit.

I have a lennox model #1003-75 horizontal attic furnace unit. I am trying to replace the thermocoupler. Access to the thermocoupler seems to be near impossible. How do you get to the coupler?? Thanks.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  mranswer replied 4 years ago.
You will need to either remove the pilot assembly off the burner or pull the entire burner assembly out as it is mounted on the floor underneath it as a complete unit. The t/cpl slips into the pilot assembly and can be pulled out. I cannot control how much physical space was left around this unit to properly work on it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I thought I may need to pull out the burner unit to get to it. Is the gas line permantely attached to the burner unit? If it is permantely attached then it looks like I will need to undo the gas line where it comes into the unit. I thought maybe the burner unit wasn't attached, but by all indications as I inspect and probe around it looks like it may be attached to the burner unit and would then necessitate that I undo the pipe where it comes into the unit. True?
Expert:  mranswer replied 4 years ago.
Yes, undo the gas pipe to the gas valve at the union and any fasteners that hold the burner tray in place- the whole thing can slide out. While doing this go ahead and clean all the burners too.