Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

I have a Braeburn Model 3200 thermostat. When I turn it on

I have a Braeburn Model 3200 thermostat. When I turn it on Heat it displays "Temp 61" and then it will start to cycle between making a clicking noise and lighting up all characters on display and displaying "Temp 70". When I try to adjust the setting, it is at 62 and after I increase it, it just resets it back to 62 when it clicks and shows all characters. It is cold in here, so I'm sure the actual temp is 61.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help! It sounds like you have a defective thermostat, but before you replace it, try this:

take the batteries out (if the unit has batteries) of the thermostat and turn the power to the furnace off for 30 minutes. Now replace batteries with fresh alkaline batteries and turn furnace power back on. Try again. Make sure batteries are in correctly and that thermostat front is firmly seated on the back section.
If this does not correct the problem, I recommend replacement of the thermostat.