Drew1315
Drew1315, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I was a Building Trades Journeyman in the Sheet Metal Union for over 11 1/2 yrs.

I have a Goodman furnace model number GMP100-4 Rev B The

Customer Question

I have a Goodman furnace model number GMP100-4 Rev B
The card is flashing 4 times. I have replaced the filter and cleaned up, but I have forgotten where the button to reset it is. The repairman resets a button inside the furnace, but I can't remember where the button is.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Drew1315 replied 2 years ago.

Customer:

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do my best to assist your issue.

Customer:

Is there a switch near the furnace that looks like a light switch?

Customer:

If so, this should be the power or better known as the SSU (Safety Shut Off) and if you shut this switch off, should reset your power to the unit.

Customer:
Customer :

Yes, I always shut that off first. There is a button inside the furnace that resets the card that stops the light flashing and lets the furnace light. As long as the light is flashing the blower comes on, but the furnace does not light, so it blows cold air. I'm looking for that "inside" reset button.

Customer:

Ok, one minute while I find this manual

Customer:

If you look in where the burners are located, there should be a switch, with two wires. there should be a small button on top of it. If you press this, this should reset it. This is the flame roll out switch

Customer:
Customer:

I will stay with you in chat until we can get this resolved.

Customer :

Nope, doesn't work. If I remember right, this button is in the compartment below that where the computer card is. I keep thinking it is on the card, but I'm not finding it. I still have the light on the card flashing four times.

Customer:

Ok, one moment

Customer:

Does this unit have a diagnostic code as to what the 4 blinks are for diagnostics? I can't seem to find this in the manual.

Customer :

Equip problem: open limit switch

Customer :

Check: main limit open aux limit open

Customer:

hmm...ok.

Customer:

the flame rollout switch, should be located just above the burners with a small button that can be pressed.

Customer:

Unless the priXXXXX XXXXXmit has failed. I have serviced goodman furnaces where the primary has failed for no reason. also a very inexpensive part and something that a homeowner can change also

Customer:

typically the only type of switch that will have a reset button is the aux / flame roll out switch

Customer:

i have a manual for this unit if you would like along with the wiring diagram

Customer:

this is what I am looking at at the moment

Customer :

Yes, I tried that on the little box with a wire going in each end. No luck.

Customer :

Yeah, I'm looking at it too. But I'm not sure what would indicate this button. I see the limit switch and the aux, but ....I'm not good at reading these.

Customer:

hmm interesting... have you turned the power off to the unit as to reset it? being that the priXXXXX XXXXXmit does not have a reset button, power sometimes resets it unless it has stuck open causing this issue now

Customer :

No, every time I've had a problem with this heater, this button has to be reset. The power shut off does not reset it. It comes right back to flashing until I reset this button.

Customer:

ok. it's possible this switch is failing, or possible that there is a deeper issue. For a technician just to reset a switch like that, should be observing the issue and assure that there are no flames rolling out. If there is not, the switch (Flame roll out) should be replaced. Another thought is, Are there any other Aux. switches that appear the same as the one you have tried on top of the burners?

Customer:

this is the manual, please observe the page 25. This is the diagram

Customer:

Appears as though there are 5 aux. switches in series before the gas valve

Customer:

One of these is the culprit

Customer :

Yes, that is what I'm looking at on the inside door. I haven't found another button yet. I know I sound crazy, but in 10 years I've done this three times. My friend found it the last time. If I haven't found it in a little while, I'll call him. (He's HVAC trained.) But thank you!

Customer:

no you don't sound crazy at all

Drew1315, HVAC Technician
Experience: I was a Building Trades Journeyman in the Sheet Metal Union for over 11 1/2 yrs.
Expert:  Drew1315 replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the accept. If there is anything you need assistance with in the future please don't hesitate to ask me by clicking my name. Happy New Year!

Drew