gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

What is Error Code 126 on Trane Comfort Link II thermostat?

What is error code 126 on Trane comfort link ii thermostat controlling xl20I heat pump?

Optional Information:
Make : trane
Model : xl20i heat pump, comfort link ii thermostat error 126

This error code is for low temp lockout. Turn power off to outside and inside unit. That will reset lockout fault.

Sorry my vision is blurry this early. On that last reply 126 is equipment does not match value at startup. Usually a power surge or brown may cause this problem. Turn power off to inside and outside unit. Retry system.

Customer :
I followed my intuition and turned the system "OFF" via thermostat, for about 30 minutes. Then set it "HEAT ON" again and had no problems, so far today.... The outside temp was 25. If this occurs and I'm not at home to see it to turn system off, does it damage the equipment? or, is error 126 simply that: the system shuts down by itself because it is too cold?

gotoman for ac :
Does not hurt equipment. Let me know if it does it again and we can go from there.

Customer :
The system is functioning very well tonight. The outside temp is low 40's. Last night's 126 was due to the low temp (25)?... I will contact you if it occurs again. Thank you for the info.